Jaguar cars are known for their thrilling performance, high reliability, and luxurious interiors and exteriors. However, like any car, they can experience issues with their battery, leaving you stranded. Nobody likes dealing with a dead car battery, which is why it is helpful to know how to jump-start it. Here at our Jaguar service center, our mechanics are happy to provide a quick guide to jump-starting a car.
Gather Your Tools
Before you start jump-starting your battery, it’s important that you have everything that you need. When you are parked in a safe area away from traffic, make sure that you have:
- Jumper cables
- A functioning car with a similar battery
- Gloves and eye protection
The Jump-Starting Process
Here is a step-by-step process of jump-starting your Jaguar car.
- Position your car and the functioning car close to one another, with their ignitions turned off.
- Connect one of the red jumper cable clamps to the positive terminal on the dead battery.
- Connect the other red jumper cable clamp to the positive terminal on the working battery.
- Connect a black jumper cable clamp to the negative terminal on the working car’s battery.
- Connect the other black jumper cable clamp to an unpainted metal surface on the dead car, such as a bolt or a bracket.
- Start the functioning car and let it run for a few minutes.
- Attempt to start the dead car. If it doesn’t work, wait a few minutes and try again.
- Once the dead car has started, remove the cables in the reverse order to which you attached them. Let your vehicle run for at least 15 minutes to ensure that your battery will hold its charge.
Jaguar Battery Service in Peabody
If your Jaguar luxury vehicle still won’t start, have it towed to our service center for a battery inspection and replacement. Schedule your service appointment at Jaguar Peabody today!