With the 2016 model year, the Jaguar XF — already one of the most respected Jaguar models — gets a redesign, and enters its second generation. As a result, an already good car has become even better, with the company’s design and engineering team improving aerodynamics, lowering weight, improving handling, and significantly upgrading in-car tech. While the 2016 Jaguar F-TYPE and the upcoming 2017 Jaguar XE have garnered a lot of attention, the XF more than holds its own, and does its maker proud in every respect.
What’s new in the 2016 Jaguar XF?
- Aluminum. The XF sheds weight by incorporating more aluminum in its construction.
- Size. The car’s wheelbase is two inches longer, providing a bit more legroom to passengers.
- Looks. The tail is reconfigured, and now looks closer to that of the Jaguar F-TYPE, with a more angular and less-rounded appearance.
- Drive Train. Two engines are dropped from the lineup (the turbo four-cylinder and V8 engines), while one — a 380 hp that produces 332 lb-ft. of torque — has been added. The transmission is a dial-shifted eight-speed automatic transmission.
- Tech. InControl Touch Pro makes its first appearance in this model. It’s noticeably quicker, and takes advantage of a larger touchscreen. Other new technology includes a heads-up display, adaptive cruise control, semi-automated parking (which works in both parallel and perpendicular parking), and forward collision warning coupled to automated braking.
Of course, this only scratches the surface. There’s a reason for that: Jaguar cars are meant to be driven, not read about. With that said, isn’t it time you came in for a test drive?
There’s a lot in store at Jaguar of Peabody. If you haven’t seen the second generation Jaguar XF, what are you waiting for? Come to our showroom at 247 Newbury Street in Peabody to find out more, or to schedule that test drive. While you’re here, you can also browse our extensive certified pre-owned inventory, or talk to our sales staff about reserving the 2017 Jaguar XE or the 2017 Jaguar F-PACE ahead of their arrival at Jaguar dealers in Massachusetts. We look forward to seeing, and serving, you soon.