A recent headline in Automobile Magazine caught our eye: “Jaguar Land Rover Has Its Eggs in Multiple Baskets.” What, we wondered, was that all about? Well, it turns out the article just makes explicit what Jaguar Peabody and our loyal customers figured out a long time ago: namely, that the company’s broad product portfolio and robust R&D is no accident. Rather, it’s a bid to ensure relevance in the years and decades ahead.
How did they get here?
- Cutting-edge design from industry legends like Ian Callum
- Research and development that’s already lead to innovative safety features and will soon see the first self-driving Jaguar cars
- Futuristic concepts, like the 775 horsepower Jaguar C-X75 hybrid supercar, which act as a testbed for innovative hybrid technology
- Multiple product lines that move the company beyond its roots in luxury sedans to include SUVs like the new 2018 Jaguar E-PACE
- Corresponding diversification in powertrains that saw the development of Ingenium modular engines and a variety of other gas, diesel, and hybrid powertrains
There’s a none-too-fine line between a classic and a dusty relic. Some Jaguar models, like the iconic Jaguar E-TYPE and the modern Jaguar F-TYPE, pull off the neat trick of being timeless despite being very much of their time. Other models take the company in new and unexpected directions, like the existing Jaguar F-PACE and forthcoming Jaguar I-PACE. They’re a reminder that these cars, like the company that builds them, are in it for the long haul.
Intrigued by the history, or the future, of Jaguar vehicles? You’ll find plenty of both at your New England Jaguar dealership. Stop by and learn everything you need to know at Jaguar Peabody, located at 247 Newbury Street.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.